Activities and tourism in Marrakesh
GOLF LESSON AT THE DOMAINE DES REMPARTS
Coaches available at every golf course
Programme of golf lessons for up to six people for one coach
- 27-hole "Amelkis" golf course designed by Cabell Robinson, five to seven minutes from the hotel. Nine extra holes opened late December 2015. Visit the golf club's website
- 27-hole "Royal" golf course, five to seven minutes from the hotel, with the fully-lighted Menara nine-hole course
- 27-hole "Palmeraie" golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones, 10 minutes from the hotel.
- 18-hole "Al Maaden" golf course designed by Kyle Phillips, five to seven minutes from the hotel.
- Visit the golf club's website
- 9-hole "Atlas Golf Marrakech" golf course, 15 minutes from the hotel, a gem in the heart of Marrakesh.
- 18-hole "Assoufid" golf course designed by Neil Cameron, 25 minutes from the hotel.
- 18-hole "Atlas Golf Resort" golf course designed by the Spaniard Seagales, opposite the hotel (opening in 2016).
- 27-hole "Argan Golf Resort" golf course designed by Tony Jacklin, 20 minutes from the hotel heading towards Asni.
- 18-hole "The Montgomerie" golf course, 20 minutes from the hotel.
- 18-hole "Ourira Palm" golf course, 20 minutes from the hotel along Route de l'Ourika
- 18-hole "Samanah" golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus, 30 minutes from the hotel.
- The Golf Royal is a true garden bathed in all the fragrances of the abundant plants and trees. To reach the green, you had better stand up straight. This internationally recognised course dates back to 1923.
The Amelkis is a long golf course that is unforgiving for any golfers getting too close to the many surrounding lakes.
The famous places of Morocco
- Imi-n-Ifri natural bridge (Demnate)
- Middle Atlas cedar forest
- Sidi Ali, Azegza, Dayet Aoua, Tislit and Isli lakes
- Cirque de Jaffar in the High Atlas
- Aouli Mines
- Cabo Negro
- Caves of Hercules
- Aït Benhaddou
Essential places to visit in the south
• Marrakesh and the surrounding region
• Ouarzazate and the surrounding region
• The Anti-Atlas
• The Sahara
• Ouzoud waterfalls
• Oukaimeden region
• Ourika valley
The famous places of Marrakesh
• Jemma-el-Fna square
The unmissable open-air theatre
• La Koutoubia
Admire the decorated minaret. No entry to non-Muslims
• Majorelle Garden
An exotic oasis and a true artist's garden. Admission MAD30. (Museum of Islamic art: MAD15) Open daily 8 am to 5.30 pm (6 pm in summer). From Place de Foucault: Bus 11)
• La Bahia
A palace built around a collection of richly decorated riads and patios. Admission MAD10. Open daily, 8.45 - 11.45 am and 2.45 - 5.45 pm. Friday 8.45 - 11.30 am and 3 pm - 5.45 pm. Ramadan, 9 am to 4 pm.
• Médersa Ben Youssef
A marvel from the Saadi era. Admission MAD30 (Children MAD15). Open daily 9 am - 7 pm (April to October) and 9 am to 6 pm (October to March)
• Saadi tombs
The breathtakingly magnificent final resting place of the Saadi sultans Admission MAD10. Open daily 8.30 am - 11.45 am and 2.30 pm - 5.45 pm. Ramadan: 9 am - 4 pm.
• La Ménara
One of the two great gardens in the Almohade. Free admission. Open daily from 7 am to sunset. From Place de Foucault: Bus 4.
Essential places to visit on the coast
- The beaches of Essaouira
- Sandstone cliffs
- The Rif region
- Green valley and canyons
• Hot-air ballooning
• Surfing and kite-surfing (2 1/2 hours from Marrakech, in Essaouira)
• Desert (by private plane, helicopter or 4x4; plan for a night in the dunes)
• Horse riding (Club Les Sabots in Ourika, the Palmeraie or Royal Equestrian Club in Marrakech)
• Go-karting (professional circuit at Atlas Karting Marrakech)
• Quad-biking (in the pine grove or the mountains: allow for 2 to 4 hours of trails)
• Mountain biking
• Microlighting (discovery flight and introduction to piloting, 20 minutes south of Marrakech)
Rates for some of the excursions by private minibus (six-seater):
- Excursion to Essaouira: 250 euros
- Excursion to Asni: 180 euros
- Excursion to Ouarzazate, day return trip: 250 euros
- Excursion to Ouarzazate, return trip = 380 euros, with an overnight stay in a five-star hotel with double room accommodation and breakfast for two people. The driver and minibus will remain at your disposal.